The King is in the Field!

Words and Music by John Dickson, GOZ

Before me lay the wheat fields
But my charge was to the corners and the edges
My inheritance waas lost
So I ventured out into the field to glean
A day of small beginning, a day of humble means
Still I was determined to do my best
With that was given me

But the King was in the field where I went to glean
The King was in the field and His eyes fell on me
And I beheld His majesty
His favour came down on me
He brought me from my labours
To the chambers of the King

At the threshing floor I laid myself down at His feet
He offered me the corners of His robe a covering
Restoring my provision and a song to sing
The covenant had been there all along
I just couldn't see

He brought me back now I've been redeemed
He secured my future took away my grief

No comments: