Rumours

I came across this statement few days ago, which made me realised that there are just too many things beyond my understandings.
Rumours build up your character. Rumours tells me what kind of person you are. Rumours are sometimes true. Rumours are so intriguing that people always like to hear. Rumours has it that you are worthless as a friend. I'm lucky I'm not your friend. I never owe anything to you as a friend and never will as I believe being friends, there is no need to be calculative.
Indeed there is no need to be calculative as a friend. But then, again, as a friend, how can a person be so judgmental, judging his/her own friends based on what rumours say? Rumours are told by strangers who think they know and understand you. Rumours do not recognise the truth but follow the flows blindly.

It is sad when you finally come to a conclusion that your friends trust what others have said rather than You, their friend. As for me, I believe no one has the right to judge others, including creating rumours about them. Often what you see or hear is not really what it really is. How can you be so sure of a person's thoughts or feelings when you are not he/she in reality? God created every human uniquely and each part is built complexly. Nothing is so, is so. "Hey, I hear rumours about you." What's next? It will never end as people never stop gossiping. Silly creatures. Instead of believing bruits why not we take an initiative to befriend the person and understand him/her starting from beginning, without any prejudice? Every human is imperfect, the only difference is degree of imperfection. But no matter how bad you may label a person, in truth, he/she still has values which we can learn from, experiences which can help us grow, personalities which we admire.

It cannot be denied that communication and interaction are one of the hardest tasks in our lives. Selecting even a person to trust amongst all the others takes great courage and faith. I must admit that sometimes even I doubt the sincerity shown by others. However, without the first step, the future is a mere dream.

No comments: