The Green Tea Day.

My God is ever faithful and full of surprises. 

It was the last day of Chinese New Year. So my friends and I decided to gather together to celebrate this special day for all the Chinese. Just the mere thought of being able to see them again excited my little heart. So there we were sitting in a Japanese restaurant, chatting and laughing. Then all of a sudden a green square cake with fruits topping and two kindled big candles placed on top popped out of nowhere (Oh well, I was exaggerating. The waitress brought it to our table and I thought it was her mistake in the beginning. Haha.). Followed closely after that was them singing a birthday song for me. I was totally speechless - overwhelming joy has successfully caused failure in searching for words to be uttered. And, I also received a "One Piece" puzzle as a gift from my beloved didi. The whole surprise was nothing short of amazing. The joy generated from that single event can feed me for days or even weeks. No kidding. I can still feel the sweetness and warmth from within my heart as if it is still happening right now. Little things now and then actually bring more joys than the occasional grand happenings.

Tadaa! My first One Piece collection.
Truth to be told, earlier I thought I would have to celebrate this special day alone and I was feeling kind of dispirited because of it. But God my Father saw this occasion from a perspective different from mine. He, who has a very good sense of creativity and humour, has already penned down his surprise for me while I was still indulged in my own self-pity. Through this, indirectly He has also revealed to me that my self-righteous presumption is one of the negative factors I have oft times imposed on myself. The logic behind this is simple: When we have no trust in Him, we are actually choosing to make our own lives miserable. Faith, the secret to a happier life.

My birthday present. <3
 He has blessed me in such a way that is beyond my imaginations, so unexpected, so heart-warming. I am really thankful for all that He is and has done for me.

This is a day worth remembering indeed.
I am happy and satisfied.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Jan Tie said...

Hurrah! Our God is a creative God. =)